• What is Android?
• Introduction to OS layers and linux kernel
• Introduction to android compiler and dalvik VM
• Introduction to android apk
• Broadcast Receivers
• Content Providers
Getting Started With Android
• Understanding different folders in an android project
• Developing a Hello World app in android
Building Application With Activities
• Views, layouts and Common UI components
• Creating UI through XML
• What is Android Activities?
• What is View?
• What is Layout?
• Different types of Layout in Android & their use
• Different Widget available in Android for User Interface
• Understanding different layout params in Android(margin.padding.width, height etc)
• Creating an Activity
• Declaring the activity in the manifest of your app
• Event Handling in Android App
• Starting an Activity
• Shutting Down an Activity
• What is Intent?
• What are different types of Intent?
• Understanding how intents are resolved in android
• Communicating data among Activities
• Understanding Android Activity LifeCycle
• Implementing the lifecycle callbacks in app
• Managing the Activity Lifecycle
• Adding menus and icons
Containers in Android
• What is list view in Android?
• What is adapter ?
• Simple List View With Simple Adapter
• Custom List View with own adapter
Working with resources
• Grouping, accessing of resources
Advanced Intent & Intent Filters of Android Programming
• What is Explicit Intent
• What is Implicit Intent
• How to share text in another application
• How to receive text from another application
**First Android App Test 1
**This Andriod test will be conducted covering the above mentioned topics.
**This App Test will contain multiple choice questions.
• Shared Preferences
• Android File System
• Internal storage
• External storage
**Second Android App Test 2
**A test will be conducted which will cover above mentioned topics after Test 1.
**Test will contain multiple choice questions.
• Introducing sqlite
• Sqlite open helper and creating a database
• Opening and closing a database
• Working with cursors Inserts, updates, and deletes
• Searching in Database
• Updating Database
MultiThreading In Android
• Using Java Thread classes
Network In Android
• Consuming web services
• Receiving HTTP Response (Text,JSON)
• Parsing JSON
• Download File (image,text,video,....) and saving to SdCard
• Create local php server with mySql database and working with it by GET and POST
• Overview of services in Android
• Implementing a Service
• Service lifecycle
• Sticky and Not Sticky Service
• Service in another process
• Role of filters
• Intent-matching rules
• Filters in your manifest
• Filters in dynamic Broadcast Receivers
• Creating Broadcast receiver
• Receiving System Broadcast
• Understanding Broadcast action
• Registering Broadcast receiver through code and through manifest
• Sending Broadcast
Accessing android hardware
• Introducing Sensor
• Using the accelerometer
• Using the compass
• Using Location service ( GPS ) in Android
Android Application Deployment
• Android Application Deployment on Android Market With Digital Signing
• Obfuscating project by proguard
Graphics In Android
• Drawing graphics in android by using canvas
• Drawing with xml
Notifying the users
• Creating dialogs
• Creating custom dialogs
• Status bar Notifications